MATHEW KWAKU BRENYA CHAIR IN APPLIED ECONOMICS
At the inception of the Presbyterian University College, Mr. Mathew Kwaku Brenya (now deceased) a member of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana and a native of Ejura, Ashanti bequeathed to the College his shares in Standard Chartered Bank to be used as an endowment fund to create a Chair in Applied Economics in the College. This was his contribution to the establishment of the College.
The College has decided to establish the Chair during 2012/2013 Academic Year. Interested Candidates are invited to apply for the Chair.
QUALIFICATION FOR THE CHAIR
The candidate should have the following attributes:
- Should be a Ghanaian
- Should be a Christian
- Should have a distinguished record of scholarly publications and experience in postgraduate teaching and research.
- Have an excellent research record in Applied Economics (for instance Labour Economics, Development Economics, Entrepreneurial Skills Development, Environmental Economics, etc.)
- Should not be more than 62 years old.
The responsibility of the successful candidate will be to
- Research into Youth Unemployment in Ghana
- Research into Governmental Economic Policies that have a bearing on Rural Economic Development.
- Establish a Graduate Programme in Economics which will look at relevant topics that will attract Sponsorship for Students and the Department.
- Organise National and International Seminars/Conferences to discuss current Economic Development issues pertaining to Ghana and Africa.
- Provide Quarterly Progress Reports on Activities.
The Chair is for two years in the first instance and will be subject to renewal for an additional two years.
- The candidate will be paid a normal professor’s salary (according to the College’s scale).
- In addition there will be an annual salary top up of Two Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢2,000.00) in the form of allowances.
- The candidate will also have access to a research grant of Two Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢2,000.00) per annum.
Mode of Application
- Interested Candidates should send two (2) copies of their curriculum vitae, with qualifications, working experience, list of publications with dates etc.
- Candidates should send in a minimum of two(2) pages and a maximum of eight (8) pages of A4 papers 1.5 line spacing and a concise statement of programmes he/she will mount during the first two (2) years of his/her tenure.
- Application should be address to;
Presbyterian University College, Ghana
P. O. Box 59