|Faculty:||School of Business & Economics|
He is a Senior Lecturer and the present Dean of Students since August, 2016. John was the first Ag. Dean for the School of Business and Economics (2015-2016); first Chairman of Convocation (2014 – 2016) and the first Head of Department for Agribusiness (2011-2015). John holds the following qualifications: PhD (Agric. Extension), MPhil. (Crop Physiology), P/G Dip.(Training and Teaching), P/G Dip.(Agric. Admin), BSc. Hons (Agronomy). Experienced in Facilitation and Development Outreach through Extension.
A product of Anum Presbyterian Boys’ Middle Boarding School; the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School, Legon; Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi; Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA); University of Cape Coast (UCC) and Larenstein University of Professional Education (in the Netherlands). Had collaborative learning and development partnerships with the University of Reading (UK) Cornell University and Purdue University (USA). He joined the Presbyterian University College, Ghana in 2010 and has been teaching Research Methods, Soil Science, Critical Thinking in Farm Management and other Agribusiness and Environmental Science Courses.
John’s work-experience spans thirty-five (35) years, having worked with the Ghana Cocobod, Ministry of Food and Agriculture and World Vision International. He has other social commitments including being the Board Chairman (Livelihood and Environment, Ghana) – a non-governmental organization; Director for Quality Services (Optimalchange Partnership) also an NGO. His research interests are in Agricultural Extension, Rural Development, Agribusiness, Crop Physiology, Environmental Issues and Deepening of Spiritual Heritage.
1. Ayisi, D. N. and Kumi, J.A. (2016). The Impact of Sachet Water and Plastic Bottle Wastes on Agricultural Lands at Ada. Asian Journal of Agriculture. 1(3):1-10, 2016, Article no. ARJA. 284612.2.
2. Nyako, D. and Kumi, J. A. (2016). Challenges and Future Prospect for Broiler Meat Consumption in Ghana. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) Vol. 2,Issue- 8, 2016.ISSN: 2454-13123.
3. Owusu, C. Gyiele, K. N., Kumi J. A. and Kumi, M. A. (2016). Economic Analysis of Seed Maize Production: A Case study of Ejura-Sekyeredumasi district. (In Press) Applied Research Journal.4.
4. Nyarko, D. A. and Kumi, J. A. (2015). Enhancing the Livelihoods of Farmers through
5. Bimpeh, E., Kumi, J. A. and Kumi, M. A. (2015). Effects of Farmer Training on Productivity of Smallholder Maize Farmers in the Kwahu East District in the Eastern Region of Ghana. International Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology. ISSN (2162-1578). Published on www.ijmetonline.org Vol. 5, Issue 1, July, 2015.
6. Kumi, J. A. and Mensah, J. (2015). Optimum Age Determination of Cocoa Rootstocks for Enhancing Cocoa Production: The Agribusiness Perspective. International Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology. ISSN (2162-1578). Published on www.ijmetonline.org Vol. 4, Issue 2, Dec’ 14 – Jan. 2015.
8. Amfo-Otu, R., Kumi, J. A. and Kwakye, F. (2015). Solid Waste Composition, Material Recovery and Climate Change: The Case of Accra Polytechnic. Chapter in Sustainable Utilization and Management of Natural Resources in the Era of Climate Change. Eds. Wiafe, E. D. and Arku, F. S. Nova Science Publishers, N. Y. 2015.
9. M. A. Kumi, I. Nyamekye, Kumi J. A. Kumi B. A. (2015). Used Restraint Devices: Potential Infection – Hazards On Handcuffs in Ghana. International Journal of Scientific of Technology Research, Vol. 4, Issue 12. ISSN 2277-8616
10. Kumi, J. A.; joint author (2014) Threats to the Conservation of Wetlands in Ghana: The Case of Songor Ramsar Site by Kumi J. A., Kumi M. A. and Apraku A. Journal of Scientific Research and Reports DOI: 10.9734/JSRR/2015/13906 ISSN:2320-0227 published on http//www.sciencedomain.org published by ScienceDomain International.
11. Naomi, E. S., Kumi, J. A. & Kumi, M. A. (2014). Eco-fashion – A sustainable management of plastic packaging waste: A case study of Trashy Bags. International Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology. IJMET Vol. 4, Issue 2, Dec 2014. ISSN (2162-1578).
14. Atiemo, M.S., Dumulga, V. A., Adu Kumi, Yeboah, S. A. (2012). Investigating the quality of drinking water from selected boreholes in the Akuapem North District in the Eastern Region of Ghana. In Elixir Pollution 46 (2012) 8046 – 8050. Available online at www.elixirjournal.org