The Presbyterian University, Ghana, a private faith-based and multi-campus University is looking for a qualified, results-driven and competent professional to appoint as the Registrar of the University.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer under the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for the general administration of the University. He/she provides the framework within which policies shall be made.
The Registrar’s main duties and responsibilities shall include the following
- act as Secretary to the Council and Senate (Academic Board) of the Presbyterian University, Ghana as well as the Secretary to the various Boards and Committees of the University Council and Senate;
- take custody of the Seal and affix it to documents in accordance with the directions given by the Council;
- take custody of all legal documents and records of the Presbyterian University, Ghana;
- cause to be published in the University Bulletin and/or Gazette at the end of each Semester, all policy decisions of Council and Senate, among others;
- responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University under the Vice-Chancellor;
- provide leadership and mentoring to all senior administrative staff of the University; and
- any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor and other enactments.
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Registrar at the Presbyterian University, Ghana will be required to demonstrate high qualities of sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in his/her area of specialization and must
- possess both professional qualification and relevant postgraduate degree;
- have attained the rank of Deputy Registrar for three (3) years in a university or analogous institution OR at least Fifteen (15) years post-qualification working experience and an extensive appreciation of the tertiary education sector;
- have a deep appreciation of the academic working environment of the Presbyterian University, Ghana and Statutes;
- have good writing skills, eye for detail; an appreciable knowledge of ICT and a good grasp of administrative procedures;
- have considerable organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- have unquestionable integrity, a high sense of morality, maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants must submit their Applications, marked as “Application for the Post of Registrar” to
The Search Committee for the Appointment of Registrar
C/o The Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Presbyterian University, Ghana
Post Office Box 59
The Application must include
- eight (8) copies of at most, a five-page Vision Statement on how he/she intends to manage the Registry. The vision statement must outline strategies for the realisation of the vision;
- eight (8) copies of his/her updated Curriculum Vitae;
- eight (8) recent passport photographs;
- eight (8) copies each of all academic certificates;
- names, telephone numbers and current email addresses of three (3) referees. Candidates must request their referees to submit their references directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications together with the relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae must reach the above address not later than Friday, 1st December, 2023.
The AG. REGISTRAR