Immigration Issues & Permits


All international students must have passports from their governments before they can enter the country.


Students arriving in Ghana from ECOWAS Countries are not required to obtain visas since Ghana is a member of the ECOWAS and subscribes to the protocol on free movement. Non-ECOWAS students however, require a visa.

Residence Permit

  • Residential permits (renewable annually) are processed by the Centre for International Education when International Students have fully registered. The process to attain this is as follows;

Step 1: Procure your non-citizen card

Register with the CIE for non-citizen card.

Step 2: Gather the following documents for the CIE

  • A copy of admission letter
  • 2 passport size pictures
  • Latest school fees receipt
  • Copy of non citizen card
  • Passport

NB: All these documents are to be submitted to the CIE together with Residence Permit and Application Form further processing.