The Presbyterian University, Ghana, a private faith-based and multi-campus University is looking for a results-driven and competent professional to appoint as Vice Chancellor.
The Vice Chancellor’s main duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Serve as the Academic and Administrative Head and Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University under the direction of the University Council.
- Be the Chief Executive Officer of the University and responsible, in accordance with the Statutes and decisions of the University Council and Senate, for organising and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the University and for promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- Any other functions prescribed by the Statutes of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must be of professorial rank and an internationally acclaimed scholar.
- He/She must be an individual of stature and integrity with exemplary leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, zeal, energy and the capacity for organising the resources needed to carry out the University’s mission and vision.
- Candidates must also show evidence of the following qualities:
- capacity to manage a University,
- ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the University,
- ability to project effectively the image of the University internally and externally,
- capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation for the University.
Terms of Appointment
- The position is for a tenure of four years in the first instance
- Eligible for reappointment for a further four years or part thereof.
Mode of Application
Interested persons should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- A vision statement of a maximum of 5 pages (A4size, font 12 Times New Roman, Normal Margins) outlining how the applicant will respond to PUG’s Vision and Mission.
- Applications should be addressed and submitted with a cover letter to:
The Search Committee for the Appointment of Vice Chancellor
Presbyterian University, Ghana,
- Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to email@example.com.
- The closing date for submission of applications is 5pm, 27th January 2023.
Only electronic applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.