Presbyterian University, Ghana, Centre for Continuous Professional Development (CCPD) is organizing 3 weeks of intensive online certificate courses from Monday 20th November to Thursday 12th December, 2023. Lectures will be held online from Monday to Thursday, from 6 pm GMT to 9 pm GMT.
The cost per programme is ¢1000 per local participant and US$ 200 per international participant. PUG alumni, PUG students, and Presbyterians will have a 25 % discount. The courses are as follows
- Certificate in Health Care Quality Management
In this era of information technology, clients expect quality health care from health care providers. Quality health care is dynamic and complex. There is therefore the need for health professionals to be abreast of modern trends and practices in health care quality management. There is also a need to build a culture of continuous health care improvement.
This course seeks to equip participants with health care quality management skills.
Module 1: Essentials of Health Care Quality Management
Module 2: Planning & Implementation of Quality Health Care
Module 3: Managing Groups &Teams Processes for Quality Healthcare
Module 4: Managing Data & Statistics for Quality Healthcare
Module 5: Monitoring and Evaluation of Quality Healthcare
Module 6: Building a culture of Continuous Healthcare Improvement
Health care providers, administrators, and individuals interested in quality health care management
- Certificate in Total Quality Management
The Total Quality Management (TQM) course aims to develop, implement, and maintain excellence in products and services, focusing on productivity improvement and reduced operating costs. Based on real-world scenarios, the course equips participants with the principles of quality management and TQM philosophies, aiming to achieve continuous improvement in meeting customer requirements and international quality standards.
To equip participants with Total Quality Management skills
- to explore the fundamental principles of total quality management and its potential to improve the quality culture within an organization
- to identify the phases, and benefits of TQM
- to examine the development and measurement of quality system and how the system meets customer requirements and international quality standards
- to explore the tools, element and concepts / framework to set up total quality management systems within the organization
- to examine the tools, elements and framework of TQM to ensure that products, projects and services are delivered to meet customer requirements and international quality standards
- to evaluate and assess quality assurance and control procedures that enable organizations to enhance productivity, reduce costs, and provide exceptional products and services
- to examine the six sigma, roles of customers in TQM, and roles of managers in TQM in the implementation of TQM
Module 1: Overview and Principles of Total Quality Management [TQM]
Module 2: Phases, Benefits and Challenges of TQM
Module 3: Development and Measurement of Quality System
Module 4: Tools, Element and Framework of TQM
Module 5: Quality Assurance & Quality Control
Module 6: TQM Implementation & Policy
Business owners / managers, CEOs and upper-level management, Quality control managers, Department supervisors, Operations managers, Quality assurance personnel, Project managers, Risk managers, and any professional or individual interested in improving business processes and customer satisfaction
- Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management
This course is designed to provide an understanding of the components of a modern occupational health and safety system in the workplace. Participants will understand their role as it pertains to mitigating loss as well as preventing workplace-related injuries and/or illnesses. The participant will appreciate the relationship between workplace conditions and how they may result in incidents or losses.
The programme is uniquely designed to equip participants with the needed skills and knowledge on how to develop procedures to manage and promote occupational safety, health and environmental issues.
- to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of occupational health and safety regarding issues of the workplace that pose danger or threat to their health, or that of others and propose methods to eliminate the hazard
- to equip participants to integrate health and safety issues into the culture of the organization as spelt out by the laws of Ghana
- to equip participants with skills, knowledge and competency to develop and implement health and safety policies, procedures and systems to maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- to analyze and evaluate legal issues relating to occupational health and safety conditions
- to provide participants with an overview of accident management, safety auditing and environmental assessment; identifying the causes of accidents and assist in preventing their recurrence
- to acquaint participants with the reporting methods in health and safety issues in political, socio-economic and medical contexts in ways that serve the public interest
Module 1: Fundamentals of Health, Safety and Environmental Management
Module 2: Integration of Health and Safety Culture into an Organization
Module 3: Managing Health and Safety Processes at Work
Module 4: Law Relating to Occupational Safety and Health
Module 5: Accident Investigation and Environmental Assessment
Module 6: Reporting of Health and Safety Issues
Health and Safety Directors/Officers/Technicians, Environmental Supervisors, Midwives/Nurses, Compliance Managers, Facility Managers, HR Managers, Production Supervisors and Individuals with interest in Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Management
- Certificate in Project Management
This course is to expose participants to the fundamentals of Project Management practices. It seeks to equip participants with vital skills to manage projects towards success. Thus, reducing uncertainty, managing risks, and controlling change, teams with effective project management deliver on expectations with less stress and frustration. It encompasses essential elements and processes involved in project management and will equip participants with the skills necessary to enter the job market.
The programme is uniquely designed to provide participants with the framework for understanding the dynamics of discipline in project management.
- to expose participants to the overview and practice of project management and its application in delivering successful projects;
- to expose participants to evaluation of project, develop the scope of work, provide accurate cost estimates, and plan the various activities;
- to expose participants to evaluation of processes of ensuring that project activities design, plan, and implementation are effective and efficient concerning the purpose of the objective and its performance;
- to assist participants to identify the resources required for project management and producing a work plan and resource schedule;
- to expose participants to the use of risk management analysis techniques that identify the factors that put a project at risk and to quantify the likely effect of risk on project timescales;
- to equip participants with skills to develop a project management plan and change control systems to integrate and monitor the various project elements
Module 1: Fundamentals of Project Management
Module 2: Project Scope and Time Management
Module 3: Introduction to Project Quality Management
Module 4: Project Schedule, Cost and Budget Control
Module 5: Project Risk Management
Module 6: Project Monitoring and Evaluation
Project officers, M and E officers, and individuals interested in project management
- Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
This course is to expose participants to the fundamentals of planning and carrying out programme-based monitoring, and evaluation. The course addresses M&E for the entire results chain, including M&E data management, analysis, and reporting, as well as the all-important outcomes.
To empower M&E participants with the skills needed to deliver effectively on their M&E tasks, and to be more proactive in demonstrating results to their teams, donors, and project stakeholders.
- to expose participant to the fundamentals of monitoring and evaluation
- to equip participant with the skill to monitor, report, and control projects and activities and to ensure their success
- to expose participant to M & E indicators and target to measure project success
- to expose participant to results-based monitoring and evaluation systems involving methodologies, techniques, and analysis
Module 1: Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
Module 2: M & E Planning
Module 3: M & E Indicators
Module 4: Monitoring & Evolution Methodologies, Tools and Techniques, and Data Analysis
Module 5: Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation
Module 6: Monitoring, Reporting, and Control
M & E officers, project officers, and individuals interested in M & E
- Certificate in Investment Strategy
In all societies and economies across the world, individuals, businesses and government entities must make investments on a daily basis in order to maintain some minimum amount of civil order and grow their respective economies to create jobs and incomes. The process of deciding on which investment opportunities to pursue is not a passive one. It requires that a systematic process should be instituted and followed in order to select the right investments that guarantee the safety of the principals invested and satisfactory returns. Investment strategy is a course designed to educate individuals, corporate and government investors to achieve their financial and investment goals.
The aim of this course is to introduce participants to the systematic methods of appraising investment opportunities and investment strategy
- At the end of the course, participants are required to identify and appraise investment opportunities that arise within the economy by applying the various methods and strategies of investment appraisal learnt from the course.
Module 1: Introduction to Investments
Module 2: Impact of Economics and Inflation on Investments
Module 3: The Stock Market- The Temperament of an Investor, Forecasting
Module 4: The True Value of the Market
Module 5: The Dilemma of Buying a Business
Module 6: Business Tenets-Three Basic Characteristics of the Business Itself
Module 7: Management Tenets-Three Important Qualities that Senior Managers must Display
Module 8: Financial Tenets- Four Critical Financial Decisions the Company must Maintain
Module 9: Market Tenets- Two Interrelated Cost Guidelines
Module 10: Private Equity
Module 11: Fixed-Income Marketable Securities.
Module 12: Creating Value.
Module 13: Financial Analysis.
Accountants, Finance Officers, Corporate Treasurers, Stock Brokers, Bankers, Securities and Exchange Regulators, Civil and Public Servants and Individuals who are Interested in Investment Strategy
- Certificate in Emotional Intelligence
Every interaction in our lives, including those with our family, neighbors, and coworkers, is fundamentally based on emotions. When emotions are proactive and well-managed, they can enhance our lives. On the other side, unchecked emotions can override reason and logic. This may lead to decisions that people may later regret and that may harm our lives. In order to succeed in our endeavours, it is crucial that we cultivate our emotional intelligence talents. Therefore, the purpose of this course is to aid participants in developing and strengthening their emotional intelligence competencies.
The goal of this course is to enhance participants’ ability to manage emotions for productivity
- to introduce participants to the main theories of Emotional Intelligence
- to expose participants to emotional self-awareness
- to expose participants to emotional self-regulation
- to equip participants with social management skills
- to enhance participant’s skills in leading with emotional intelligence
- to equip participants with real-life applications of emotional intelligence skills
Module 1: Main Theories of Emotional Intelligence
Module 2: Emotional Self-Awareness
Module 3: Emotional Self-Regulation
Module 4: Social Management
Module 5: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Module 6: Applications of Emotional Intelligence (Home, Work and Community)
Parents, Leaders/managers, teachers/lecturers, health practitioners, pastors, security officers and individuals interested in emotional intelligence
*A participant must attend at least 80% of the online lectures in order to receive a certificate.
To register please contact
The Coordinator, CCPD
+233 (0) 209054911 +233 (0) 244705695, +233 (0) 502271090, (0) 544058359
WhatsApp +233 (0) 0502271090