Presbyterian University, Ghana, Centre for Continuous Professional Development (CCPD) is organizing 3-week intensive online certificate courses from Monday, 25 September to Thursday, 12 October, 2023. Lectures will be held online from Monday to Thursday, from 6 pm to 9 pm GMT.
The cost per programme is ¢1000 per local participant and US$ 200 per international participant. PUG alumni, PUG students, and Presbyterians will have a 25 % discount. The courses are as follows
- Certificate in Social Media Marketing
The foundation of marketing communications is being steadily changed by social media. Social Media enables individuals and organizations to express ideals, feelings, beliefs, and sell products and services. With social media, individuals share text, images, audio, and video information with each other and with companies, and vice versa. The two-way channel of communication, calls for effort and caution. The challenge is how to strategically use social media to achieve marketing goals.
The goal of this course is to equip participants with social media marketing skills
- To introduce participants to marketing communications and social media marketing
- To introduce participants to social media campaigns and value creation
- To equip participants with skills to create and manage social media platforms
- To equip participants with skills to monitor and evaluate social media campaign
- To introduce participants to social media ethics and policy
Module 1: Overview of integrated marketing communications and social media marketing
Module 2: Social media campaign and value creation
Module 3: Creating and managing social media platforms:
a) online communities and forums,
b) blogs (individual blogs and blog networks),
(c) social networks (like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, etc.)
Module 4: Monitoring and evaluating social medial campaign
Module 5: Social media ethics and policy
Individuals interested in social media marketing
- Certificate in Human Resource Strategy
The role of today’s HR Manager demands broad responsibilities that include organizational leadership and strategic thinking. As the profession evolves, HR departments are being called upon to make bigger-picture decisions and to execute well-defined HR strategies that align with larger organizational strategies and leadership. This course is to provide participants with a broad organizational perspective, laying the foundation for you to identify, develop, and measure HR initiatives and strategies critical to your firm’s bottom-line success.
This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of human resource strategy and how it is developed and implemented to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- To expose participants to the overview of HR strategy, the type, and criteria for effective HR strategy in the organization
- To examine and provide participants with up-to-date knowledge on the approaches to HR strategy that can be integrated into the organization to achieve competitiveness
- To expose participants to the approach of using the Balanced Scorecard as a means of horizontally and vertically aligning the HR system with organizational objectives to improve HR decision-making, people outcomes, processes, customer outcomes, and financial results
- To equip participants with the process, techniques, and methods used for creating HR Strategy in the organization
- To equip participants with the skill of developing HR strategy for the organization necessary for sustaining competitive advantage
- To expose participants to how to implement and review HR strategy developed in the organization and the intended outcome
Module 1: Overview and understanding HR strategy
Module 3: Approaches to HR strategy development
Module 4: Aligning HR strategy with organizational strategy
Module 5: Techniques and methods used for creating HR strategy
Module 2: Developing an HR strategy
Module 6: Implementing and review of HR strategy
Human Resources Managers, HR Business Partners, HR Generalists, HR Leaders, Organization Development (OD) Professionals, HR Consultants, CEOs, Line Managers, Organizational Leaders across industry and Management and HR Students and individuals interested in HR strategy.
- Certificate in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
Understanding and managing children and adolescents who are experiencing difficulties with their emotions or behaviour can be challenging for parents, caregivers, and teachers. Research indicates that many parents, teachers, and caregivers have little knowledge of child and adolescent psychotherapy.
The goal of this course is to equip participants with the skills necessary to assist children and families in understanding children; knowing the challenges they face; assisting them to resolve their problems and effecting behaviour modification through a participatory approach.
- to introduce participants to child psychology
- to acquaint participants with child and adolescent development processes
- to sensitize participants with biopsychosocial problems in the development of children and adolescents
- to introduce participants to ethical boundaries and referral services in child and adolescent psychology
- to introduce participants to the process of child psychotherapy
- to equip participants with techniques used in child psychotherapy
Module 1: Introductory issues in child psychology
Module 2: Developmental processes of children
Module 3: Biopsychosocial problems in children and adolescents
Module 4: Ethical boundaries and referral services in child and adolescent psychotherapy
Module 5: The process of child psychotherapy
Module 6: The Techniques used in child psychotherapy
Para-counsellors, teachers, health workers, social welfare officers, DoVVSU officers, heads of educational institutions, religious leaders, parents, and anyone interested in children and adolescents’ development
- Certificate in Grant Proposal Writing and Grant Sourcing
There are millions of dollars in the world waiting for ideas and well-laid-out programs and projects to secure it. Internal and International Organizations, Philanthropist, Religious groups, etc. have set aside huge sums of money for aid and research.
To build the capacity of participants in grant proposal writing and grant sourcing
By the end of the course, participants would be able to;
- explain the various components of a proposal
- develop smart objectives
- acquire the skills to frame achievable results
- develop budgeting skills
- Search for grant making opportunities
Module 1: Introduction to proposal writing
Module 2: Components of a grant proposal
Module 3: Development of statement of the problem
Module 4: Monitoring and evaluation plan
Module 5: Budgeting
Module 6: Grant sourcing
Lectures, Tutors, scientists, Managers and Administrators of tertiary institutions, NGOs, Charity and Institutions. Pastors, Church Leaders, Youth Groups, Tertiary Students, and individuals interested in grand proposals and grant sourcing
- Certificate in Corporate Governance and Leadership
This course is designed to enable understanding, implementation, and interpretation of the critical role of corporate governance and leadership in business sustainability and economic growth. This is especially relevant because the relationships between corporations, their stakeholders, and the societies in which they function are complex and ever-changing. Thus, participants would gain the appropriate knowledge and analytical skills that can be applied in a variety of organisational settings, including the corporate, governmental, and non-profit sectors.
The programme is uniquely designed to strengthen participant’s ability to fulfill multifaceted responsibilities as a member of a board, work effectively as a team and a leader, and foster company success.
- To expose participants to the overview, key principles, and elements of good corporate governance systems and leadership
- To expose participants to the role and authority of a board and the relationship between board performance and its structure and membership
- To provide participants with an understanding of the role of the board in formulating and implementing strategy, managing enterprise risk, and leading change. This includes the evaluation of the executive directors’ performance as well as corporate responsibilities.
- To examine the role of shareowners, corporate social responsibilities, stakeholder relationship management, sustainability, and integrated reporting in corporate governance
- To explore the financial stewardship and accountability obligations of the board to shareholders and stakeholders.
- To provide participants with a sound understanding and appreciation of the legal environment within which organizations function by highlighting the legal frameworks relevant to Corporate Governance in Ghana. The obligations that are imposed on certain business structures, both in the private and public sectors.
Module 1: Overview of corporate governance & leadership
Module 2 : Board effectiveness & committees
Module 3: Strategic leadership of the board
Module 4: Shareholders & stakeholders
Module 5: Financial stewardship and accountability
Module 6: Corporate governance and law
Managers, Directors, Board Members, Company Secretaries, Heads of Institutions, Compliance Officers, Auditors, Executives, and individuals interested in Corporate Governance & Leadership
- Certificate in Front Office and Customer Service Management
The course provides participants with the knowledge and skill to understand the management of the front office and customers within the work environment. This is necessary to help understand behavioural skills that enhance work harmony and allow persons involved to develop team-working skills; qualities that foster smooth operationalization of activities in the office. Also, to be in control and on top of responsibilities. It provides an opportunity for participants to explore how the management of the front-line office can enhance organizational performance and customer satisfaction.
This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of front-office management and contemporary trends in customer service.
- To examine the overview of front office functions, operations, and customer service management
- To examine communication channels and forms in front-office management
- To equip participants in managing workload and meeting deadlines in the organization
- To gain knowledge on the importance of workplace policy
- To provide insight into the principles of good customer service
- To equip participants with skills in customer attraction, retention, and the management of difficult customers
- To provide participants with the knowledge of workplace policy and ethics, principles of policy, and its implementation
Module 1: Introduction to front office functions, operation and customer service
Module 2: Front office communication management
Module 3: Managing workload and meeting deadlines
Module 4: Principles of good customer service
Module 5: Attracting, retaining and managing difficult customers
Module 6: Workplace policy and ethics
Civil /public servants, customer service executives, frontline staff of organizations, marketers, receptionists, health workers, hotel staff, service providers, and individuals interested in front office and customer service management
- Certificate in Public Sector Accounting Standards
In nearly all states in the developed and developing world, the public sector plays a critical role in advancing the socio-economic development of these countries. However, public economic resources cannot continue to be demanded from individuals and corporate taxpayers in these countries to support the effective functioning of public services, if proper public sector accounting and financial management structures are not put in place to promote transparent public sector accounting and financial management. This is intended to convince and reassure the tax-paying publics to continue to hold their side of the bargain in the development of these countries. In essence, prosperity and civilization in the modern world depend on good accounting. Therefore, the need to ensure that public sector accounting and financial management is properly understood and applied to the day-to-day public service of every country.
The aim of this course is to introduce participants to the regulatory framework undergirding public sector accounting and financial management in Ghana. Additionally, the course seeks to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required by civil servants, public servants, public policy analysts, and civil society organizations’ on the mechanisms required to effectively ensure that public sector accounting and financial management is properly instiutionalised in public service institutions.
Module 1: Introduction to public sector accounting and financial management
Module 2: Public sector accounting concepts and bases
Module 3: Legal and regulatory framework for public financial management
Module 4: Government revenue and taxation system
Module 5: Public expenditure and payment process
Module 6: Public procurement management
Module 7: Accounting for public assets
Module 8: Accounting for public liability
Module 9: Budgets and budgeting in the public sector
Module 10: Financial reporting for central government
Module 11: Financial reporting for local government
Module 12: Financial reporting for NGOs
Module 13: Public accountability and value for money
Individuals and corporate organizations such as civil servants, public servants, civil society analysts and groups, donors and NGOs interested in public sector accounting and financial management reporting frameworks, etc
*A participant must attend at least 80% of the online lectures in order to receive a certificate.
To register please contact
The Coordinator, CCPD
+233 (0) 209054911 +233 (0) 244705695, +233 (0) 502271090, (0) 544058359
WhatsApp +233 (0) 0502271090