Centre for Continuous Professional Development (CCPD) is organizing 6 weeks of online certificate courses from Friday 24 February 2023 to Saturday, April 1, 2023. Lectures will be held online on Fridays, from 3 pm GMT to 6 pm GMT and Saturdays, from 10 am GMT to 1 pm GMT.
The cost per programme is ¢600 per local participant and US$ 150 per international participant.
PUG alumni, PUG students, and Presbyterians will have a 25 % discount.
1. Certificate in Corporate Crisis Management
An organisation’s health and competitive strength depend largely on how the corporate entity approach issues, risks and crises management. Risks, issues and crises management is strategically planned and executed to ensure that the organization is healthy at all times and competitive for existence. Identifying risks, issues and crises, and effectively managing these threats evolve around communication. Communication is the engine that runs every organisation. The question is, how do organisations use communication to effectively manage issues, risks and crises?
The goal of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge and skills of managing corporate crises, issues and risks.
- to introduce participants to corporate issues, risks and crises.
- to introduce participants to the role of corporate identity, image and reputation in managing corporate crisis.
- to equip participants with the skill of identifying corporate issues, risks and crises.
- to equip participants with the skill of planning and executing corporate crisis communication.
- to equip participants with corporate crisis communication skills.
Module 1: Overview of issues, risks, and crisis management
Module 2: Corporate identity, image and reputation
Module 3: Corporate issues, risks and crisis
a) Scanning and identification
Module 4: Corporate crisis communication planning and execution
Module 5: Corporate crisis communication skills.
Module 6: Corporate crisis case studies
Corporate managers, relationship officers, HR personnel, public relations officers, institutional managers, individuals interested in crisis communication skills, and Individuals interested in Corporate Crisis Management.
2. Certificate in Health Services Management and Administration
Health Services Management and Administration programme has been carefully designed, drawing on the expertise of health, social care and leadership and management from within health services.
The programme aims at supporting and providing participants the opportunity to enhance their professional attributes, abilities to think creatively, and apply managerial and administrative skills in the delivery of quality health and social care services.
- to expose participants to appreciate essential skills for effective management and administration in the health services organization;
- to expose participants to knowledge and understand management theory and practice in resource planning and decision-making;
- to expose participants to various record keeping and management of record keeping systems;
- to identify various effective communication skills that are paramount in a healthcare environment and utilize various methodologies to reinforce the strategic and operational goals of an organization;
- to expose participants to the laws, regulations, and health policies that impact healthcare organizations and health services delivery.
- to equip participants with strategic decision-making of a healthcare organization by applying basic financial management concepts and financial documentation as well as best practices.
- Essentials of Management and Administration
- Managing and Planning Resources in Healthcare Organizations
- Record Management
- Ethics and Policy for Health services organization
- Communication for Effective Healthcare administration
- Financial Practice for Health care organization
- Health professionals, Nurses, health facility administrators, etc.
3. Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
This course is to expose participants to the fundamentals of planning and carrying out programme-based monitoring, and evaluation. The course addresses M&E for the entire results chain, including M&E data management, analysis and reporting, as well as the all-important outcomes.
To empower M&E participants with the skills needed to deliver effectively on their M&E tasks, and to be more proactive in demonstrating results to their teams, donors, and project stakeholders.
- to expose participant to the fundamental of monitoring and evaluation,
- to equip participant with the skill to monitor, report, and control projects and activities, and to ensure their success
- to expose participant to M & E indicators and target to measure project success
- to expose participant to results-based monitoring and evaluation systems involving methodologies, techniques, and analysis
- Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
- M&E Planning
- M&E Indicators
- Monitoring & Evolution methodologies, tools and techniques, and data analysis
- Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring, reporting, and control
M & E officers, project officers, etc.
4. Certificate in Public Service Leadership and Governance
This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of current trends in leadership in the public sector, the interface between good governance, development and, the performance of the organization. This Programme is designed to accelerate the development of promising public service workers who need to broaden and deepen their leadership prowess if they are to lead effectively in a complex and dynamic world.
This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of current trends in leadership in public governance.
- to expose participants to leading thought and practice in the area of principle of leadership and governance, and the practice of good governance in the public leadership
- to identify the various organizational structure and local administration in the public service of Ghana
- to equip participants with the skill of leading and managing resources; people, finances, etc.
- to achieve effective results in the public service
- Principles of leadership .and governance
- Principle and practice of good governance
- Public service organization structure and leadership
- Local Administration in Ghana
- Integrity reporting and social accountability
- Leading and managing for results
Public/Civil Servants, Staff of MMDAs, Heads of Educational/Health Institutions, Heads of Security Institutions, Media Professionals, Assemblymen and women, and Individuals aspiring for leadership positions in the Public Service, etc.
5. Certificate in Advanced Research and Academic Publication
The rise of qualitative research, the advent of mixed methodologies approaches, and the expansion of quantitative designs have necessitated the retraining of researchers in current research skills. This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of current trends in research and academic publication.
The goal of this course is to give learners and researchers a solid awareness of current research and academic publication trends.
- to expose participant to paradigms of research
- to expose participant to relevant literature review
- to identify the various research designs
- to equip participants with data analysis and visualization skills
- to expose participant to academic research publication
- Paradigms of research
- Relevant literature review
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches
- Data analysis and visualization
- Getting ready for publishing
Lecturers, tutors, teachers in secondary school, M.Phil, MSc, M.A, MBA Students, Research Assistants, research officers, etc.
6. Certificate in Emotional Intelligence
Every interaction in our lives, including those with our family, neighbors, and coworkers, is fundamentally based on emotions. When emotions are proactive and well-managed, they can enhance our lives. On the other side, unchecked emotions can override reason and logic. This may lead to decisions that people may later regret and that may harm life. In order to succeed in our endeavors, it is crucial that we cultivate our emotional intelligence talents. Therefore, the purpose of this course is to aid participants in developing and strengthening their emotional intelligence competencies.
The goal of this course is to enhance participants’ ability to manage emotions for productivity
Module 1: Main theories of emotional intelligence
Module 2: Emotional self-awareness
Module 3: Emotional self-regulation
Module 4: Social management
Module 5: Leading with emotional intelligence
Module 6: Applications of emotional intelligence (Home, Work and Community)
Individuals interested in emotional intelligence
7. Certificate in Organisational Psychology
The human factor is the game changer in every organization, however, managing a diverse workforce to achieve organizational goals is a herculean task for managers. This course is designed to equip participants with organizational psychology skills to improve organisaional performance.
This course seeks to equip participants with organizational psychology skills to improve employees and organisaional performance.
- to introduce participants to organizational psychology
- to expose participants to motivation and satisfaction management
- to expose participants to teams and group behaviour
- to equip participants with communication and attitude management skills
- to introduce participants to psychological leadership
- to equip participants with skills to manage worker’s well-being and dysfunctional behaviour
Module 1: Overview of Organizational Psychology
Module 2: Managing Motivation and Satisfaction
Module 3: Managing Teams and Group Behaviour
Module 4: Communication and Attitude Management
Module 5: Psychological Leadership
Module 6: Managing Well-Being and Dysfunctional Behaviour at work
Individuals interested in organizational psychology
*A participant must attend at least 80% of the online lectures in order to receive a certificate.
To register please contact the Coordinator, CCPD on
+233 (0) 244705695, +233 (0) 502271090
WhatsApp +233 (0) 0502271090