Centre for Continuous Professional Development (CCPD) is organizing 6 weeks of online certificate courses from Friday, October 28, 2022 to Saturday, December 3, 2022. Lectures will be held online on Fridays, from 3 pm GMT to 6 pm GMT and Saturdays, from 10 am GMT to 1 pm GMT.
The cost of a programme is ¢600 per local participant and US$ 120 per international participant. PUG alumni, PUG students, and Presbyterians will have a 25 % discount.
- Certificate in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
Understanding and managing children and adolescents who are experiencing difficulties with their emotions or behaviour can be challenging for parents, caregivers, and teachers. Research indicates that a lot of parents, teachers, and caregivers have little knowledge of child and adolescent psychotherapy.
The goal of this programme is to equip participants with the skills necessary to assist children and families in understanding children; knowing the challenges they face; assisting them to resolve their problems and effecting behaviour modification through a participatory approach.
- to introduce participants to child psychology
- to acquaint participants with child and adolescent development processes
- to sensitize participants with biopsychosocial problems in the development of children and adolescents
- to introduce participants to ethical boundaries and referral services in child and adolescent psychology
- to introduce participants to the process of child psychotherapy
- to equip participants with techniques used in child psychotherapy
Module 1: Introductory Issues in Child Psychology
Module 2: Developmental Processes of Children
Module 3: Biopsychosocial Problems in Children and Adolescents
Module 4: Ethical Boundaries and Referral Services in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
Module 5: The Process of Child Psychotherapy
Module 6: The Techniques used in Child Psychotherapy
Para-counsellors, teachers, health workers, social welfare officers, DoVVSU officers, heads of educational institutions, religious leaders, parents, and anyone interested in children and adolescents’ development
- Certificate in Application of R Software in Mathematics Education
The emergence of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education has set the stage for an innovative approach to the teaching and studying of mathematics. Teachers and students are expected to grasp and appreciate mathematics from the perspectives of technology, science, and engineering.
The purpose of this program is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively use R software in the teaching of mathematics.
To equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach and apply mathematical concepts using R Software.
- To introduce participants to R software
- To equip participants with the skills in using R software in descriptive Statistics, creating tables, drawing shapes/graphs, and algebra/arithmetic operations.
Module 1: Introduction to R Software
Module 2: Detailed descriptive Statistics
Module 2: Creating Tables
Module 3: Drawing of Shapes/Graphs
Module 4: Algebra/Arithmetic Operations
Mathematics tutors/ teachers in Colleges of Education, Nursing Colleges, Senior High Schools, Junior High Schools and individuals interested in R software.
- Certificate in Human Resource Strategy
The role of today’s HR manager demands broad responsibilities that include organizational leadership and strategic thinking. As the profession evolves, HR departments are being called upon to make bigger-picture decisions and to execute well-defined HR strategies that align with larger organizational strategies and leadership.
This course is to provide participants with a broad organizational perspective, laying the foundation for you to identify, develop, and measure HR initiatives and strategies critical to your firm’s bottom-line success.
This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of Human resource strategy and how it is developed and implemented to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- To expose participants to the overview of HR strategy, the types and criteria for effective HR strategy in the organization
- To examine and provide participants with up-to-date knowledge on approaches to HR strategy that can be integrated into an organization to achieve competitiveness
- To expose participants to the approach of using the Balanced Scorecard as a means of horizontally and vertically aligning the HR system with organizational objectives to improve HR decision-making, people’s outcomes, processes, customer outcomes, and financial results.
- To equip participants with the process, techniques & and methods used for creating HR strategy in the organization
- To equip participants with the skill of developing HR strategy for the organization necessary for sustaining competitive advantage
- To expose participants to how to implement and review HR strategy developed in the organization and the intended outcome
Module 1: Overview and Understanding HR Strategy
Module 3: Approaches to HR Strategy Development
Module 4: Aligning HR strategy with organizational strategy
Module 5: Techniques & Methods used for creating HR Strategy
Module 2: Developing an HR strategy
Module 6: Implementing and Review of HR Strategy
Human Resources Managers, HR Business Partners, HR Generalists, HR Leaders, Organization Development (OD) Professionals, HR Consultants, CEOs, Line Managers, Organizational Leaders across industry and Management and HR Students
- Certificate in Grant Proposal Writing and Grant Sourcing
There are millions of dollars in the world waiting for ideas and well-laid-out programs and projects to secure it. Internal and International Organizations, Philanthropist, Religious groups, etc. have set aside huge sums of money for aid and research.
To build the capacity of participants in grant proposal writing and grant sourcing.
By the end of the course, participants would be able to;
- explain the various components of a proposal
- develop smart objectives
- acquire the skills to frame achievable results
- develop budgeting skills
- Search for grant making opportunities
Module 1: Introduction to proposal writing
Module 2: Components of a grant proposal
Module 3: Development of statement of the problem
Module 4: Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
Module 5: Budgeting
Module 6: Grant sourcing
Managers and Administrators of tertiary institutions, NGOs, Charity and Institutions. Lecturers, Pastors, Church Leaders, Youth Groups, Tertiary Students, and individuals interested in grand proposals and grant sourcing.
The program is designed to expose participants to financial intelligence, ethics and compliance in the financial services industry. Participants interested in acquiring the in-demand abilities required for fraud prevention and detection and the fight against money laundering in Ghana. To effectively combat criminals and terrorists, investigators and analysts must identify, track, and eliminate the sources of illicit funds, and this course will help participants develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct sound and effective financial investigations.
This course is to equip participants with a thorough understanding of financial intelligence and how to implement ethics and compliance to combat money laundering, carry out fraud investigation and prevention activities in the financial services industry
Module 1: Overview of financial intelligence, ethics and compliance
Module 2: Fraud investigation and prevention strategies
Module 3: The use of financial intelligence in financial crime
Module 4: Ethics and regulatory compliance
Module 5: Money laundering
Module 6: Financial data mining and analysis
Analyst/Investigator, Fraud Analyst/Investigator, Compliance Officer, Credit Officers, Administrator, Risk Manager, Financial Planner, Credit Union Officers, Estate and Fund Managers, Inspector, Financial Institutions, Financial Investigator, Mortgage Broker, Account Manager, Accounting and Finance, and Risk Management Students.
- Certificate in Social Media Marketing
The foundation of marketing communications is being steadily changed by social media. Social Media enables individuals and organizations to express ideals, feelings, beliefs, and sell products and services. With social media, individuals share text, images, audio, and video information with each other and with companies, and vice versa. The two-way channel of communication, calls for effort and caution. The challenge is how to strategically use social media to achieve marketing goals.
The goal of this course is to equip participants with social media marketing skills
- To introduce participants to marketing communications and social media marketing
- To introduce participants to social media campaign and value creation
- To equip participants with skills to create and manage social media platforms
- To equip participants with skills to monitor and evaluate social medial campaign
- To introduce participants to social media ethics and policy
Module 1: Overview of integrated marketing communications and social media marketing
Module 2: Social media campaign and value creation
Module 3: Creating and managing social media platforms
a) online communities and forums,
b) blogs (individual blogs and blog networks),
(c) social networks (like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, etc)
Module 4: Monitoring and evaluating social medial campaign
Module 5: Social Media Ethics and Policy
Individuals interested in social media marketing
*A participant must attend at least 80% of the online lectures in order to receive a certificate.
To register, please contact
The Coordinator, CCPD
+233 (0) 244705695, +233 (0) 502271090, (0) 544058359
WhatsApp +233 (0) 0502271090