The Presbyterian University, Ghana, a private faith-based and multi-campus University is looking for a qualified, results-driven and competent professional to appoint as the Registrar of the University.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer for the President and is responsible for the general administration of the University. He/she provides the framework within which policies shall be made.
The Registrar’s main duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Act as Secretary to the Council and Senate (Academic Board) of the Presbyterian University, Ghana as well as the Secretary to the various Boards and Committees of the University Council and Senate;
- Take custody of the Seal and affix it to documents in accordance with the directions given by the Council;
- Take custody of all legal documents and records of the Presbyterian University, Ghana;
- Cause to be published in the University Bulletin and/or Gazette at the end of each Semester, all policy decisions of Council and Senate, among others;
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University under the President;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to all senior administrative staff of the University; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the President and other enactments.
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Registrar at the Presbyterian University, Ghana will be required to demonstrate high qualities of sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in his/her area of specialization and must:
- Possess at least a research-based Master’s Degree in relevant areas such as Public Administration, Administration in Higher Education, Educational Administration or any other relevant field of study.
- Have at least twelve (12) years post-qualification experience in tertiary education management or in management position in industry, or any relevant public service organization. At least, four (4) out of the relevant years of experience should have been at a Deputy Registrar or equivalent senior management level.
- Demonstrate evidence of management writings that have contributed to the effective management of an institution of higher learning or industry. Must therefore have at least ten (10) publications of management writings in the form of published articles, position papers or memoranda to his/her credit.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide effective leadership, supervision and mentoring to all Deputy Registrars, Senior Assistant Registrars and Assistant Registrars to improve productivity.
- Be computer literate.
Note: The position is for a tenure, but the suitable candidate should be able to serve the University at this position for at least 5 years before attaining age sixty-five (65).
Mode of Application
Interested applicants must submit their Applications, marked as “Application for the Post of Registrar” to:
The Search Committee for the Appointment of Registrar
c/o The Office of the President
Presbyterian University, Ghana,
Post Office Box 59
The Application must include:
- Eight (8) copies of at most, a five-page Vision Statement on how he/she intends to manage the Registry. The vision statement must outline strategies for the realisation of the vision.
- Eight (8) copies of his/her updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Eight (8) recent passport photographs.
- Eight (8) copies each of all academic certificates.
- Names, telephone numbers and current email addresses of three (3) referees. Candidates must request their referees to submit their references directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications together with the relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae must reach the above address not later than Friday, 14th October, 2022.
The AG REGISTRAR